Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Races, Floods, & Midget Wrestling!

So, here is the past few days in a nutshell...

This past Saturday, I ran the Pier to Pier 5k down in Wrightsville Beach. Interesting would be the word I would use to describe it. I had no idea it was going to be ON the beach! HAHA! My calves are still sore! The scenery was beautiful though!

And then things started to get interesting....

Some awesome friends (Amanda & Ray) and I went out for dinner at Yosake. If you are ever in Wilmington, try them! Their Happy Hour sushi menu is AWESOME!




Then we drove back up to Jacksonville for the crazy part of the night.... Midget Wrestling! Yes, I didn't say it wrong... Midget Wrestling! We saw a sign for it a few weeks ago and decided we should go for the "experience". It was funny at first - the performers all had different acts: one tried for the redneck thing and another was trying to act like a rapper... They had the walk out music and talked smack to each other... It was interesting to say the least, but we ended up excusing ourselves when it started getting really weird... Let's just put it this way... I don't think the ring girls (if that is what you want to call the "ladies", a term used lightly in this event, wandering around in fishnets and leather boots and stilettos) are supposed to "wrestle" each other in the ring... It was fun to go that one time, but it will never be repeated... hahaha!


The next day, we took our dogs to the new dog park on base. I think Kiwi is in love! I might actually start doing agility training with her - she really seemed to like the obstacles. She also loves playing with Amanda and Ray's puppy, Shadow. They had a blast!



This brings us to Monday - they day was I was going to tell you all of the above... but I was kind of sidetracked... BY THE WHOLE FIRST FLOOR FLOODING!!! Yes... flooding completely! The toilet in the downstairs flooded out the whole first floor! It was horrible!! Gross! Yuck! Eww! Without fail, it has to be right before I am suppose to walk out the door, right?

So, one emergency phone call to maintenance later, and my house in filled with industrial water vacuums, dehumidifiers. disinfectant and air fresheners... The maintenance guys were awesome! I was going to cancel my plans for the night, and they told me not to worry about it - they would handle it! Awesome! That worked perfectly for me because I was on the edge of tears watching water swirl around the floor - Luckily, I had take the rugs up that morning to brush them out and vacuum them in the garage! Wow! There was a guardian angel looking out for me today! That would have been a disaster!

So,  I went and had dinner with two beautiful ladies: the soon-to-be mama Lori Walker and the soon-to-be Mrs. Fuzi, Jenna Geraci! We went to a great Italian restaurant in Mayfaire called Osteria Cicchetti - amazing! Girls' night out!


To add to my happiness, I came home to a cleaned house (thanks AMCC) - yes, the dehumidifiers are still here, but everything was cleaned up and disinfected! I was so worried that it was going to be a hot mess! We still lost some stuff, but nothing that cannot be replaced! :) Staying positive!

And here we are... It is Tuesday... I promise to fill you in more later as long as there are no more floods... :)

XOXO,
Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment